Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Spring Break 2014

We had a blast this Spring Break! Lily and I started celebrating early the Friday before by going to Kangaroo Zoo in Pleasant Grove with my niece Holly and her little boy Bentz. Lily and Bentz are great pals! Holly and I were great pals growing up too so its fun to see them play together. Lily was nervous of the place at first and didn't want me to even put her down. But she soon warmed up to it and it is now her favorite place ever!

Then we had General Conference weekend. I made Cinnamon Rolls from scratch that we ate both days during the morning sessions. I think it will have to be a new tradition. I bought all these things to keep Lily entertained, but she was still nuts. The afternoon sessions were much more enjoyable for us to watch since that was during Lily's naptime. Great talks as usual! On Saturday night during Priesthood Session Lily and I went with my mom to get pedicures and then to Kneader's for some dinner. On Sunday we all went to the Maloufs for some food and fun.

It was also our 10 year anniversary of our first date on April 6th. Here is a flashback to our 2nd date which happened to be Good Friday April 9th, 2004.


On Monday we left for St. George! We took our time getting their stopping at a petting zoo on the way and taking the tour of Cove Fort. Lily slept the last hour and a half. She was great in the car! We stayed at the Best Western Coral Hills. It had an indoor pool and an outdoor pool with a little toddler swimming area as well. She loved swimming, jumping off the side of the pool and riding in her boat. The weather was awesome while we were there. in the 80's. We ate at a really yummy pizza place called Riggati's the first night and then went for a walk to the temple.
Historic Cove Fort

Keeping an eye out for any bad guys


Pizza on the bed!






On Tuesday we went swimming, then to The Children's Museum. Lily had a ball there playing dress up and with all the different toys. Then we ate at Mad Pita which was also very tasty. Then after attempting an unsuccessful nap, we went to a splash pad and swimming some more! We then ate at Frostop, a place I kept calling "Footloose" because I have really bad eyesight :) It was a tasty hamburger drive-in place that reminded me of good old Parker's that I miss dearly.


Lily on her first airplane








On Wednesday we hit the outlets before heading home. We really liked the hotel. It was cheap, but clean with a friendly staff and we liked the free breakfast every morning :) It was a fun little getaway.


On Thursday we dropped Lily off with Grandma and Grandpa Bruce to go see Captain America and eat some thai food. Friday Lily decided it was time to take Daddy to Kangaroo Zoo too. He paid to jump too and took her on all the huge slides. She loved having him play with her. She loved having her daddy around! Spring Break was a nice teaser for Summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment