We are starting to feel the Christmas Spirit at our house! We put up our Christmas tree and at first Lily was afraid of it. She does this thing when she's scared where she tries to crawl up your body as fast as she can, kicking her little legs and burying her face into your shoulder. But she has gotten used to the tree and likes it a lot now! The other night Lily and I got to ride the Polar Express with Amber, Brad and their family! Unfortunately Michael was sick so he didn't get to experience the magic. We rode this little train that took us to the North Pole! On the way there we saw lots of cute pictures, lights, blow up creations, and listened to music as we weaved through peoples yards in Lindon on the train. When we got to the North Pole we got to meet Santa! Lily sat on his lap. She was mesmerized by his beard. She wouldn't smile, but she didn't cry! After all the kids took pictures with Santa they got a candy cane and a bell. Then Santa gave a little talk about the true meaning of the candy cane and about Jesus and then we sang Silent Night as we boarded the train again. The train took us back to the station, but on the way we saw lots of beautiful nativities and pictures of Christ's life while we listened to some spiritual Christmas music. It was so neat! Lily enjoyed herself. She was wide-eyed and smiling and kept whispering "what's that!" and pointing as much as she could in her huge coat. She does this all the time now! Its so cute. It sounds more like "wassat" :). I was worried she would get cold so I had thick tights under her jeans and socks and a thermal shirt, then a fur lined jacket underneath her huge poofy winter coat! I think she was toasty enough! Amber even brought us some treats! Some candy cane kiss cookies. I'm going to make them for my piano recital tomorrow since they were so delicious!!!
| Mommy and Lily waiting to board the Polar Express! |
| We are on the train ready to go to the North Pole! |
| Lily with Santa Claus! |
| Who is this guy? |
| Me, Lily, Amber, and Sophie at the train station :) |
| She is trying to hang the stocking ornament back on the tree! |
| Lily is our best present under the tree! |
| Lily loves to look at the lights! |
| Baby Claus! |
| Our Christmas Card! |
| Lily's play area! It used to work well. Now she just crawls right over those pillows! |
| We are turning Lily into a T.V. Addict! She loves Yo Gabba Gabba, The Backyardigans, and The Baby Songs Videos (Thanks Alison) |
Today Lily and I went to lunch for Nicole's birthday! Nicole is my sweet sister-in-law. We went to Zupas. I love that place!
| My little brother Tyler and Lily |
| Lily chilling in her highchair at Zupas! |
| Lily won't leave my mom's hair alone! |
| Jana, Nicole, Judy, Mom, Tyler, Anna, Me, and Lily |
| Her shirt says "My First Christmas Is Going to Be Awesome!" |
Then after lunch I went and got pedicures with my bestie Amber! We have been working out for 6 weeks. We did the Shaun T. Dr. Oz 15 minute workout 30 day challenge. We decided if we could do it every day (except Sundays) then we would earn ourselves a pedicure! We finally got our reward today! We decided to be festive so we both got red sparkly toes. I have my second toes painted sparkly green to be even more festive and Amber has hers with some silver over it. We are now switching off doing a 15 minute ab workout video and Zumba. We do it in our own homes and just check in with each other every day to see if we both did it. It has been really motivating! Now I just need to get a better diet. I am just easing into it until after the holidays and then I plan to really try to finally lose all my pregnancy weight! Thanks for encouraging me Amber, my workout buddy!
| My Festive Christmas Toes! |
| Amber and My Toes. We worked hard for these! |
I love seeing your living all room all baby proofed! I remember bringing Elijah over and you had all these candles and breakable things on the coffee table :) haha Your house will be ready for my boys when we stop in to visit you this Christmas :)
ReplyDeleteha ha yes we have had to make some major changes. We still need to baby proof a lot more! We wish we had carpet instead of the hard wood floors too.
Delete