

We sure think Lily is the best. She is so smart and seriously cute. I will try to catch up to where we are now. This post will be about my pregnancy and her birth!
It took me awhile to get pregnant with Lily. I had to go on Clomid to help me ovulate. After about a year of trying, Michael and I were in Maui on vacation. We were overjoyed to find out I was pregnant while we were there!
February 2nd, 2012 at 1:47 am: She was born! She is our little groundhog baby! She was due 2-10-12 (2 +10=12) but came 8 days early. On Wednesday, February 1st I started having contractions while we were watching season 6 of Dexter. I was in total denial I was in labor though (because I was a little scared). Then while we were eating homemade pizza they were coming every 3 minutes and lasting about 45 seconds and they were painful. I still didn't wan to leave yet (we had had some false labors before) so I called the on call doctor and he said to get down there. So we packed our bags and went.
I was dilated to a 4. An hour later I was still at a 4 so they almost sent me home! By then my contractions hurt VERY bad. I was not prepared for this. My birth plan was this: get an epidural ASAP. But they wouldn't give it to me yet. I walked the halls with Michael for awhile and was in more pain then I can remember ever being in. When we came back I was at a 5 so they admitted me and FINALLY gave me my freaking epidural! I was much more relaxed and happy after that. Michael and my mom and my sister Judy were in the room with me. My mom and Michael each held one of my legs for me and Judy took awesome pictures. Lily did an awesome job. She turned by herself and was all in position. I just had to push and it didn't take too long!
She was perfect and tiny! She was only 5 lbs. 13 oz. and 18 1/2 inches long. We had so many visitors in the hospital. Everyone was so excited to meet her. And she was so gorgeous and tiny, nobody could resist! Michael and I were immediately head over heels in love with her! And we still are. She definitely has us wrapped around her fingers.
























No comments:
Post a Comment